Wednesday 10 February 2010

Analysing double page spreads

This is a simple double page spread from a design magazine, I like the fact that there is a statement photograph page, and then the other page is solely concentrated on the written element of the double page. In my opinion this is a great representitive of a double page spread but it is not quirky enough to fit my magazines image, I would like it to have more texture rather than a flat layer.
I decided to pick out another style of double page spread, this time it is a newspaper article, I think this is a good contrasting idea, as magazine is just a lighthearted type of newspaper, but the two are never really entwined. I think the headline and the column idea is quite a good idea and gives a different perspective of a magazine. The only thing I do not like is the quality of the photographs, and the advertisement.

I really like this double page spread as its quirky, quite colourful and arty. The main problem with it is it doesn't have a main focal point, but I like the use of tilted pictures, and the effect that there is more than one layer.



This is possibly my favourite double page spread as it includes most of the other's good points and throws them together, e.g newspaper style, main photograph, messy lettering. I also like the use of colour with it being mainly monochromatic allowing the red to really stand out.


1 comment:

  1. i'm starting to worry now Steff. by friday i need to see draft versions of all 3 magazine elements. that way i can give you a grade and offer you help for the rest of the coursework.

    ReplyDelete

Followers