Sunday 21 February 2010

Magazine photoshoot





































On the 21st of February I took the photos for my magazine, I used Jamie Hives an 18 year old student for this as I thought his overall look fitted the look for the magazine. I chose his outfits, and tried to make use of statement colours and patterns so that I can add handmade effects like when I draw on buttons, (hence the fact that I chose clothing with bold pictures such as the rocket, and eyeball). I wanted to keep his look bright but also relatively smart and stylish to fit in with the fashion theme. I thought the weather, along with the strong natural light (helped along by the reflections from the snow) was perfect for my photography. From a film of almost 100 photographs, i've condensed them down to my favourite 39. Most of my photographs I kept relatively simple so that I can cut out the background and make it white, but I also used some derelict barns to add a different look, and I personally love them photos. I've also decided to make this a winter special magazine, that looks forward to the upcoming summer, (hence the snowy weather). On a few of the close up photo's I used a burst setting to try and capture many random expressions, and then single out the best ones. Overall I am very happy with my film of photos, and look forward to editting them further to see the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers