Friday 11 December 2009

Choosing my Font

I want a font that looks quite handwritten but still has a sense of animation. I think i'm seeking for this type of font, because I don't see many magazines with this type of writing currently, and I really want to produce a unique-looking magazine. After looking at various fonts on websites, I have found my favourite four. I downloaded these fonts and typed the two magazine names I have to decide between. They are all from the website; www.DaFont.com I will give each font a score out of 10, against my original brief for my magazine.
The first font is called 'Baby Don't Worry' I like this font because it's not formal and gives quite an impact, but I do not like how bold the font is. I give this font 6/10
The second font is called 'Pea Weenie' this is a fun looking font, but the sharp lines make it seem more masculine than feminine, and i want to aim my magazine at women - not men! I give this font 7/10
The third font is called 'Arsenale White' it is a very flowing font, so much so that it is a little hard to read. It definitely comes across as feminine and fit's the handwritten theme I am seeking for. I give this font 9/10
The fourth font is called 'Cat's Awesome Font' it looks very handmade which I like, but isn't very flowing and in keeps with quite a masculine style. I give this font 7/10
After reviewing the fonts, it has been decided that 'Arsenale White' is my favourite font, although it is a little hard to read I feel that keeps with the 'handmade' look of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers