Wednesday 2 December 2009

Magazine planning continued, (Artist influences)

These are various pieces of work by the reknowned, yet controversial artist, Tracey Emin. Her work inspires me through the way that it looks messy, but gets a message across. The colour palettes she also uses are not ones that you would initally think would work. I love the controvercy she creates through her work, and the way some words she uses are purposely misspelt. I especially like the use of textiles in this piece and to create this effect I could scan different fabrics and edit them on photoshop onto my own magazine. I feel that these can be used as great inspiration for my piece as i want it to look fun, and creative, to develop upon these pieces though I would like to use photography, as this is one area that she has not included in her piece, other than that - the font, colours and patterns of the piece are exactly what i want to portray through my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers