Wednesday 9 December 2009

Magazine planning continued, (Photographic influences)






These are all works of Rankin's from his 'Destroyed category of photographs, I collected them from his personal website; http://www.rankin.co.uk/
Rankin is a reknowned contemporary photographer who has become increasingly popular lately. I love his style of work as it takes an already well photographed piece then edits it asthough it has been done by hand. I think the textures of these pieces are really good, and are very interesting. The target market of his pieces has a large range aswell as he photographs all types of people, different age groups, ethnicitys and genders.
I particularly like the effect on the final photograph of a dashed line around the edge of the photograph, as this would fit in very well with the textile techniques I previously blogged about on Tracey Emin. I love the style of the second-last photograph, as I like the detail Rankin has added as it looks quite absurd, yet creative I think this would work well with the sequinned/glittered effect of the second photograph as this will allow a contrast in textures. I really love the sharpness of his photographs that allow every detail to be seen, and as my outlook of this magazine is for it to be textured and look like you could pull detail off of it - his idea's inspire me greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers