Friday 11 December 2009

Possible Magazine Names

Magazines that I have personally read that tend to be quite individual, have always acquired quite short names, e.g Love. I really like this idea, as it keeps the name in the forefront of someone's mind, so that whenever the word is used it can instantly be recognised as the magazine in question. With this in mind I went on to come up with 18 possible names for my magazine, although many are not - I tried to keep it down to one syllable so that it flows better, and is easier to pronounce. These are what I came up with; boom, type, beat, block, chune, phase, sync, tempo, blast, muse, channel, flaw, flux, scale, box, u.a.c (up and coming), pitch, base. I then managed to shorten the list down to a final two, this being ‘beat’ and ‘flux.’ I chose these as I feel they represent strong meanings. Beat is obviously recognized in the music side of things, as when it all comes down to it - thats what music is, but i can also resemble this to the most important thing in life - the ‘beat’ of a heart. I like the suggestion of flux as its an interesting word, and means change, and i think that this goes very well with the state of the economy and the world in general at the moment - and even if people don’t know what it means its still a good word. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers